Welcome to The Marshall County Legislative Delegation.
For more than twenty-five years this office has served as a liaison between the citizens, governmental agencies, public schools, service programs and the elected state legislators from Marshall County. The office coordinates the schedules and other administrative functions of the Legislative Delegation, disseminates information to the public about proposed laws and existing statutes, and serves as a point of contact for citizen input on current issues.
The purpose of the website is to give the constituents of Marshall County an easy, quick and efficient mode of obtaining information and a greater opportunity to be aware and to participate in the legislative process.
Media ReleasesView All
- CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT TO PROTECT STATE PARKS
- Marshall County Lawmakers Spearhead Effort to Protect State Parks
- SURPLUS PROPERTY FACILITY AT EVA TO STAY
- Rep. Randall Shedd Says the facility is critical to first respondersa and local governments in north Alabama
- LAWMAKERS BEGIN IMPEACHMENT PROCESS
- Bi-partisan effort to remove Governor Robert Bentley
News & UpdatesView All
Any changes made by the House would send the Bill back to Senate.
A total of 1,005 Bills were introduced; 574 House Bills and 431 Senate Bills. 277 of those Bills became law. Some of the key accomplishments are outlined here.
HB123 will provide wireless networks for schools
Incentives authorized for businesses who hire an Alabama resident or certain unemployed veterans
The constitutional amendment would protect Alabama's state parks from the administrative transfers that have affected their budgets over the past few years. This gives Alabamians the ability to go to the polls and voice their support for our state parks.